1. Database Administration
- Create and Configure Oracle Databases; as and when required
- Clone production database to UAT (User Acceptance Test) environments
- Develop capacity planning strategies for the Databases
- Perform Ad-hoc Requests for environment refresh and Oracle/database patches on Production and Development environments
- Database Upgrades and migration
- Security Creation & Maintenance
- Routine DBA (Database Administration) Jobs
- Monitoring system resources
- Resolving Locks
- Space Management
2. Backup and Recovery
- Implement Backup and Recovery Strategies for the Production and Development systems. The DBA (Database Administrator) task is to setup the application database backup to files only.
- Monitor and perform crash recovery of the database(s) in case of disaster. The DBA will verify application after your IT department has completed the contingency recovery steps.
- To work with your IT department to implement scripts for housekeeping and maintenance on Production and Development environments.
3. Performance Tuning
- To work with your IT department to generate quarterly performance reports (on DASD & CPU memory utilization, buffer read ratio, etc) using stats pack utilities.
- Perform database health checks on the Production environment(s) and provide specific recommendations.
- Resolve User issues (related to Performance & database) on the Production and Development environments.
- Fine tune Production and Development Databases for optimum performance.
- Apply frequent performance enhancements (re application of ISF Life patches) relating to database on Production and Development environments.
4. Application Server Support
- Application of Java Runtime patches (for JRE 1.5 implementation – later versions of Applet Engine).
- To create/configure instances based on Application requirements.
- Apply Oracle application patches whenever necessary.
- Support and Consultation to resolve user application server issues.
5. Fix Management
It is necessary to have a professional fix management tool to keep track of fix deliveries and dependencies. It is crucial for the system to function optimally and correctly. There must be one person responsible for this activity and it must be on a daily basis. AETINS provides this as an optional service to manage fixes for you.
- UAT environment refresh
- Movement of Fix from delivery to QA Environment
- Movement of fix from QA to Production Environment
- Fix dependency Check
In addition to the Fix Management Service (FMS) mentioned above, it is also recommended that you purchase the license to use FMS. This is a fix management tool developed by AETINS which keeps track of fix history, deliveries, what fix has been moved to which environment, various dependencies, sequence of fix application etc.